Creative Victoria accepts some applicants may need to use an auspice organisation.
Any legally constituted body may act as an auspice. In this instance, the auspice organisation will receive any funds allocated and is responsible for the management of the project and must sign off on the acquittal of grant funds.
It is recommended you have a clear written agreement with your auspice organisation BEFORE applying for funding.
To apply if using an Auspice
- Click the application link provided on the relevant program funding page.
- On the first page of the portal application click 'Next' and it will take you to log in/register on the portal.
- Once logged in fill in YOUR information in the Applicant details section.
- When the form asks you if you are using an Auspice answer YES.
- Fill in the Auspice organisation information. This will include the Auspice's ABN, Legal Entity Name and contact details. Please have this information ready before you start your application.
- Continue to fill in the application questions.
- If you have an agreement with your auspice already organised please include it with your support material.
- Submit your grant.
If successful your grant will be paid to your Auspice organisation with a copy of the funding agreement being sent to both yourself and your Auspice.
The Arts Law Centre of Australia offer a sample auspice agreement for purchase from their website. As every auspicing relationship will be different and there may be additional issues that need to be included in your version of the Auspice Agreement. If this is the case please seek further assistance from the Arts Law Centre.
Information for Auspice Organisations
From 1 July 2021 Creative Victoria will be using the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions' online grants portal for application submissions. The portal will allow applicants to enter an auspicing organisation details, if they require an auspice to administer their grant if successful. The auspice organisation should enter into a written agreement with the applicants
If the application is successful, the auspice organisation will receive any funds allocated and is responsible for the management of the project and the acquittal of grant funds.
Change of ownership of successful grants will only be accepted under limited circumstances.
Where to get help
If you have any problems, contact Creative Victoria on (03) 9623 1394.
NOTE: Any acquittals for grants approved BEFORE 1 July 2021 will need to be submitted by the Auspice Organisation on the Creative Victoria Grants Portal. These grants will still appear in the My Applications section of the Creative Victoria Grants Portal.