To apply for any Creative Victoria funding program, you’ll need to submit your application online using the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR) Grants Portal.
- Each Creative Victoria grant program has its own unique link to the DJPR Grants Portal and will have program specific questions and requirements
- It’s important to read and understand the Application Guidelines which are found on each grant program page. They are specific to the grants program you’re applying for.
How do I apply for a grant?
Step 1. Find a grant and prepare
- Search the Creative Victoria website for an open grants program you’d like to apply for.
- From the grant program page click on the relevant link to apply which will take you directly to the application area in the DJPR Grants Portal.
Step 2. Register on the DJPR Grants Portal
- Read through the introduction page on the Grants Portal, then click on ‘Next Page’
- You’ll be directed to either 'Sign in' or 'Register'. If you're using the DJPR Grants Portal for the first time, please choose 'Register' and follow the prompts
- To register, enter your name and email address, and create a password
- Once registered or signed in you will be directed to the Applicants Details page to begin your application. If this doesn't occur, please re-click the unique link on the funding page to start the application using your new registration details
Step 3. Submit your application
- Start the application process by filling in all the details required in the DJPR Grants Portal to ensure your application is complete. Fields with a red asterisk are mandatory
- Save your application as a draft as you go or if you need to complete your application later. Return to your draft at any time by logging back into your account.
- Once you’ve completed all your information, submit your application by the due date.
Where can I get help?
If you need any help registering, or completing your application, contact Creative Victoria on (03) 9623 1394, or contact the funding program officer for further instructions.
Please note that any acquittals for grants approved before 30 June 2021 need to be completed on the Creative Victoria Grants Portal.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
How do I register on the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR) Grants Portal?
You must submit your application for Creative Victoria funding using the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR) Grants Portal. Please follow these steps:
- From the grant program page click on the unique link to apply which will take you to the DJPR Grants Portal.
- Read through the funding program introduction page on the Grants Portal, then click on ‘Next Page’.
- You’ll be directed to either 'Sign in' or 'Register'. If you're using the DJPR Portal for the first time, please choose 'Register' and follow the prompts.
- To register, enter your name and email address, and create a password.
- Once registered you’ll be directed to the Applicants Details page to begin your application. If this does NOT occur, please go back to the funding page and use the same link to start the application and enter your new registration details.
Which contact details should I use?
The application will ask you to provide a primary contact (and signatory details, if not yourself). Please use contact details you know will be monitored/answered.
As an individual, you can register and apply on behalf of an organisation. You’ll only be able to see the applications you’ve created from your portal log in.
What if I leave an organisation that has put in an application? What will happen to the emails?
If you leave an organisation and have an open application or grant, contact Creative Victoria and we can assign another primary contact to the application.
How do I start an application?
Each grant program on the Creative Victoria website has a unique URL which takes you through to the DJPR Grants Portal.
It’s important to read and understand the Application Guidelines specific to the grants program you’re applying for before you start your application in the DJPR Grants Portal.
Do I have to answer every question?
Yes. You need to answer all mandatory questions which are highlighted with a red asterisk. There’ll be some questions which aren’t mandatory.
If you try to submit an application that has unanswered mandatory questions a red message will appear at the top of the screen indicating which section is incomplete.
What if I pick the wrong program, category or funding round?
Each funding round and stream has a different link to the DJPR Grants Portal and will have unique questions and requirements. If you select the wrong category or funding, you’ll need to start a new application using the correct funding round link to make sure you answer the right questions.
Applications that are not submitted to Creative Victoria by a funding round's closing date and time will be deleted from the Grants Portal after the closing date.
There is a limit of five application supporting documents. What if I need to submit more than five?
Wherever possible, please submit artistic support material using links/URLs to existing online material, rather than uploading and submitting large files. While there is a limit of five uploaded files, you can add as many URLs as you need.
A URL can link to your website or other online hosts (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, Sound Cloud, social channels etc.). Please ensure URLs are publicly available, as they'll need to be accessed by both Creative Victoria staff and peer assessment panels.
What if I don't submit my application before the closing date?
Applications close promptly at the published time and date.
Applications that haven’t been submitted by the closing date and time will not be accepted following the funding round closure.
Do you accept hard copy application forms or support materials?
We accept hard copy applications under special circumstances and only on request. Contact program staff as soon as possible to arrange this.
Where can I get help?
If you need help, contact Creative Victoria on (03) 9623 1394 (Reception: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30p) or email