Creative Victoria will accept your application if you nominate an auspice.
In certain circumstances, you may need to use an auspice organisation for your application.
Any legally constituted body may act as an auspice. The auspice organisation will receive any funds allocated, is responsible for the management of the project and must sign off on the acquittal of grant funds.
We recommend that you have a clear written agreement with your auspice organisation before applying for funding.
If using an Auspice, please follow the following steps to apply for program funding:
- Click the application link provided on the relevant program funding page.
- On the first page of the portal application click 'Next' and it will take you to log in/register on the portal.
- Once you’ve logged in, fill in your information in the Applicant details section.
- When the form asks you if you’re using an Auspice answer yes.
- Fill in the Auspice organisation’s information. This will include the Auspice's ABN, Legal Entity Name and contact details. Please have this information ready before you start your application.
- Continue to fill in the application questions.
- If you have an agreement with your auspice already in place, please include it with your support material.
- Submit your grant application.
If successful, your grant will be paid to your Auspice organisation. A copy of the funding agreement will be sent to you and your Auspice.
The Arts Law Centre of Australia offers a sample auspice agreement for purchase from their website. Every auspicing relationship will be different so there may be additional issues that need to be included in your version of the auspice agreement. If so, please ask for further assistance from the Arts Law Centre.
Information for auspice organisations
Creative Victoria has been using the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions' online grants portal for application submissions since July 2021. The portal allows applicants to enter your details as the auspicing organisation if they require your services. You should enter into a written agreement with the applicant.
If the application is successful, you will receive any funds allocated and are responsible for the management of the project and the acquittal of grant funds.
Change of ownership of successful grants will only be accepted under limited circumstances.
If you have any further questions regarding auspicing, please contact Creative Victoria on (03) 9623 1394.
NOTE: Any acquittals for grants approved before 1 July 2021 need to be submitted by the auspice organisation on the Creative Victoria Grants Portal. These grants will still appear in the ‘My Applications’ section of the Portal.
Where to get help
If you have any further questions regarding auspicing, please contact Creative Victoria