Creative Victoria undertook a series of industry and community consultations across regional Victoria in 2017-2018. Representatives from regional creative organisations, artists and practitioners and members of the communities shared their views on the issues and opportunities impacting the creative industries in regional Victoria.
Five themes were identified through the consultation:
- Local content - the opportunity to create and promote local content, creative practitioners and community.
- Professional development and training - access to professional development, training and networking opportunities for practitioners, workers and volunteers.
- Space - access to affordable, secure and appropriate space for making, presenting and/or sharing creative work.
- Access and representation - equity of access to funding and investment opportunities for regional Victorians across the creative industries.
- Strategic collaborations - cross-region and government collaboration and sector input into creative industries strategies and program development.