The Audience Atlas reports on Victorians’ appetite for arts and cultural experiences.
Commissioned by Creative Victoria, the study shows who’s attending cultural events, who wants to attend more, and why they go. With detailed data on all sectors of the creative industry, the Atlas provides Victorian arts organisations with a powerful tool to help grow their audiences and supporters.
More than 4,000 Victorians (aged 16+) participated in the study from across the general population.
- 93% / 4.4m Love the arts and attend or want to attend arts and cultural events
- 90% Saw a film in the last three years, closely followed by live music
- 29% People under 34 years of age who attend arts events
- 64% People who attend arts events earn less than the average wage – the arts
aren’t just for the elite!
- 90% People watched at least an hour per week of free to air television – long live
Watch Andrew McIntyre from MHM talks through the findings of the Audience Atlas.
Download the reports
Please note: Accessible versions of Audience Atlas Victoria 2019 will soon be available. If you require these urgently, please get in touch with us via email firstname.lastname@example.org