We understand that the pandemic has created uncertainty regarding future planning. In your application, you should feel free to present your creative ideas/activities/program or plan as you best see fit, taking into consideration COVIDSafe practices and contingencies, however we acknowledge plans may need to adapt given the rapidly changing situation. Assessors will take this into consideration during the assessment process.
Touring Victoria provides support for Victorian arts and cultural organisations or professional creative practitioners to tour a professional production, performance, exhibition or program to, or from, regional and outer-metropolitan Victoria.
The Touring Victoria program has been updated to best respond to the impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
**If you have previously received funding through this program and your project has been impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19), please contact Creative Victoria**
On this page and program documents:
- The term regional refers to the 48 Victorian local government areas classified as regional by the Victorian State Government. Find the list of these local government areas.
- The term outer metropolitan includes the following local government areas: Brimbank City Council, Cardinia Shire Council, City of Casey, City of Greater Dandenong, Frankston City Council, Hume City Council, Kingston City Council, Knox City Council, Manningham City Council, Maroondah City Council, Melton City Council, Mornington Peninsula Shire Council, Nillumbik Shire Council, City of Whittlesea, Wyndham City Council and Yarra Ranges Shire Council.
- The term First Peoples is used to refer to Traditional Owners of Victoria and all other Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples who reside in this state.
There is no upper limit to the level of grant available.
Applicants intending to apply for more than $25,000 need to discuss their tours with program staff prior to the closing dates.
N.B. This is the only round of Touring Victoria for this financial year. There will be no Touring Victoria funding round in the first half of 2022.
Who can apply
- Victorian arts and cultural organisations; and
- Victorian based professional creative practitioners that have a history of presenting quality, professional arts product; and
- Tour coordinators applying on behalf of Victorian arts and cultural organisations or creative practitioners; and
- Other organisations, such as community or local government with relevant experience, coordinating or presenting a tour
- Sole traders must apply under an auspice arrangement. Refer to the FAQ DOCX, 39.4 KB and Auspice Form DOCX, 23.1 KB.
- State-owned cultural agencies and other cultural organisations receiving recurrent funding through Creative Victoria are eligible to apply to Touring Victoria.
- Grant funding agreements will only be entered into with legally constituted organisations that have a valid ABN.
- Creative Victoria will only accept one application per applicant.
First Peoples-led applications
Applications from First Peoples-led creative organisations will be assessed via a First Peoples-led process, embedding Aboriginal self-determination into the assessment process.
All other applications will be assessed by creative industries peers.
Round opens: CLOSED
Round closes: 3pm, Thursday, 7 October 2021
A link to the Portal is posted below.
It takes approximately 10 weeks from the closing date until the funding results are available.
How to apply
Applications are submitted via the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions Grants Portal.
To view the application questions and to prepare your responses please use the 2021 Application drafting tool.
- Create a NEW application for tours run by First Peoples-led organisations or applicants.
- Create a NEW application for all other applicants.
- To return to First Peoples, and all other SAVED/DRAFT applications, please click here to return to the Grants Portal.
Who to talk to
Erica Sanders: 8683 3113 or 1800 134 894 (toll free country Victoria only) or email@example.com
Links and downloads
Touring Victoria FAQs (Accessible) DOCX, 39.4 KB
2021 Touring Victoria Auspice Form DOCX, 23.1 KB
2021 Application drafting tool DOCX, 55.4 KB
2021 Touring Victoria Budget drafting tool XLSX, 68.5 KB
COVIDSafe Touring support and resources
Tour itinerary template XLSX, 22.4 KB