The Live Music Restart Program – Festivals & Events provides funding to established and dedicated festival and events organisers across the state to help support the recovery of Victoria’s live music sector in the wake of coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions.
The program aims to support the re-establishment of Victoria's position as a world-leading state for contemporary music through:
- Supporting the rebuild of sector (employment, supply chains, etc) following the impacts of COVID-19 health restrictions;
- Stimulating local economic activity across Victoria;
- Re-engaging audiences with live music events in metropolitan and regional Victoria;
- Providing opportunities for artists to play shows, earn income and reconnect with audiences; and
- Providing employment to businesses within the live music ecosystem.
Priority will be given to supporting live music festivals and events that will most significantly support Victoria musicians and communities, contribute to rebuilding of the creative and commercial capacity of the Victorian contemporary live music industry.
Applications open: 21 July 2022
Applications close: 3pm, 18 August 2022
For activities between 1 December 2022 and 31 January 2024. Funding results will be available before November 2022.
Presenting organisers of large, complex live music events and festivals are invited to apply for grants of between $250,000 and $1,000,000 to support the cost of planning and delivery of a single live music festival or event; or a series of live music festivals or events featuring contemporary live music in Victoria intended to have a capacity of at least 3000 in-person attendees.
Notification of funding outcomes
Funding recommendations are subject to approval by the Minister for Creative Industries.
Any application feedback is provided at Creative Victoria’s discretion and may not be available at the time of notification of funding outcome.
There is high a level of demand for Creative Victoria funding and so applicants are advised:
- to plan for contingencies if their application is unsuccessful (e.g., other funding sources); and
- against entering commitments based on any assumption that they will receive funding, before receiving written notification of their final funding outcome.
Payment of Grants
The payment of program funding will be conditional upon the grant recipient meeting its obligations under a funding agreement between DJPR and the recipient, including fulfilling any payment milestone outcomes or deliverables set out in the funding agreement.
Please refer to the Program Guidelines below for the full eligibility criteria.
Who can apply
The Live Music Restart Program – Festivals & Events is open to experienced organisers of contemporary live music festivals and events in Victoria.
Applicants must demonstrate delivery of at least two live music festivals or events within Victoria at any time in the period between January 2017 to present, each with:
- an in-person attendance greater than 3,000 people; and
- a sound revenue generating model.
For information only, please refer to the Program Guidelines for detailed and complete aims and eligibility.
Applications will be accepted from the opening date on this webpage . Applications submitted after the closing date will not be accepted.
The Live Music Restart Program – Festivals & Events program applications are submitted via the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions Grants Portal.
General information on how to access the Grants Portal, including how to register and FAQ about the Grants Portal, can be found here.
Links and downloads
- Live Music Restart Program – Festivals & Events 2022 Guidelines DOCX, 138.9 KB
- Live Music Restart Program - Festivals & Events 2022 FAQs DOCX, 165.2 KB
- Live Music Restart Program – Festivals & Events 2022 Application Drafting Tool DOCX, 102.5 KB
- Creative Victoria Budget Drafting Tool XLSX, 63.5 KB
- Information for all applicants
- Sound Country - A Green Artist Guide , 0 Bytes
- Support Act