Are you planning to develop or launch a creative work that represents Victoria’s cultural identity and breaks new ground?
If so, a grant through the Creative Projects Fund may be the ideal way to secure funding that helps you bring your project to fruition.
The fund supports professional artists, creative practitioners, groups/collectives and creative micro to small organisations from across the sector with short-term funding.
We encourage you to apply if you’re involved in any creative discipline, including but not limited to screen, digital games, design, visual arts/craft, literature, dance/physical performance, circus, cabaret, music, sound art, theatre, multidisciplinary and cross-industry collaborations.
Applications accepted for funding ranging from $5,000 to $20,000.
In your project budget, please include costs associated with making your activities accessible to a Deaf and Disabled audience, for example, Auslan, captioning, audio description or materials in other formats.
If you are Deaf or Disabled and applying for the Deaf and Disabled creatives stream, you can apply for general project costs, plus up to $3,000 to cover any additional specific access costs that will help remove barriers involved in the project. These additional funds can only be used for access initiatives and cannot be repurposed for general project costs.
Who can apply?
You can apply if you are a Victorian-based creative practitioner, independent artist, collective/group or micro to small organisation that meets Creative Victoria’s general eligibility criteria.
The primary focus of your proposal must include Victorian professional artists, creative practitioners, collectives, groups or organisations AND a creative project that addresses the program’s aims.
This program has three streams:
- First Peoples creatives stream
Applications led by Victorian First Peoples creatives will be assessed in alignment with Aboriginal self-determination by a First Peoples assessment panel
- Deaf and Disabled creatives stream
Applications led by Victorian Deaf and Disabled creatives can choose to be assessed by a panel of creative industries peers with lived experience of deafness and disability, or by specific creative industries peers depending on the creative discipline chosen
- General stream
Applications will be assessed by specific creative industries peers depending on the creative discipline chosen.
- Creative Victoria only accepts one application per applicant (including as part of a collective or under auspice) in each funding round. Auspice bodies can apply on behalf of multiple applicants
- Don’t assume you will be successful or enter into/give up commitments based on that assumption before receiving formal notification of your application outcome
- Groups of individuals who join together as a collective must be legally constituted (glossary) or nominate either an individual or an auspicing body to apply, and take legal and financial responsibility for the grant if successful
- You must have an active ABN. You can apply for one online or apply for the grant through an auspice body with an ABN
- Unincorporated associations will need to either apply under auspice, or have an individual application on behalf of the group
- Being successful in receiving funding under this program once is no guarantee that you’ll be successful again in the future. Please consider how you’ll use the funding to build your sustainability beyond the funded period.
Creative Victoria staff have hosted online information sessions for the these streams. Staff outline the aims and priorities for the Creative Projects Fund and explain the application process.
These events have live captioning and have Auslan interpreting.
Guidelines and tools
How can I apply?
Applications for this program are currently closed.
When the round is open, applications are made via a unique link the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR) Grants Portal.
Find general information on using the grants portal, including how to register and FAQ about the Portal.
Who can I talk to?
|Stream / Creative Disciplines||Contact|
First Peoples Applicants (all creative disciplines)
Deaf and Disabled stream and General stream applicants (all creative disciplines
For help with translations please call the Translating and Interpreting Service
- Visit the Translating and Interpreting website