The top tips include
1. Do your research - read the fine print and understand all the criteria
2. Don't assume anything - describe your project as though you were describing it to your dentist, barista or an alien.
3. Plan ahead - gather letters of support and don't leave it to the last minute.
4. Budgets matter - draft your budget first, and ensure your budget is well researched, viable and realistic.
5. Respond to assessment criteria - your application must respond to all assessment criteria.
6. Understand your audience - ask 'who will benefit from my project' (use our Audience Research Toolkit).
7. Know your responsibilities - working with children checks, tax considerations, indigenous protocols are some responsibilities you should consider.
8. Get in touch with us - we can give feedback on your previous applications and advice on your next one.