Victorian Government cultural and creative industries and COVID support expenditure in 2020-21
During 2020-2021, the Victorian Government through Creative Victoria and other portfolio areas, provided $771.9m to support cultural activities and businesses across the state. This investment was a 40% increase on the previous year due to targeted COVID support initiatives and programs to help the sector manage the impacts of the pandemic.
- $771.9m estimated funding for cultural activities by the Victorian Government. Figure includes $122m in targeted COVID support programs and initiatives for cultural and creative organisations, infrastructure, businesses and individuals
- 40% / $219m increase of funding from 2019–20
- $177m in additional funding was provided to cultural and creative businesses/individuals via the Victorian Government’s general COVID business support programs.
- Performing arts venues - $123.9m
- Film and video production and distribution - $71.0m
- Music - $46.2m