The global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has caused unprecedented and wide-reaching challenges for Victoria’s creative and cultural sector. We have gathered the following information in response to pressing questions received.

For further details on the latest information about Victoria's coronavirus response and restrictions, and relevant resources, visit

State of Emergency

The current Declaration of State of Emergency has been extended through to 11.59pm, Thursday 29 July 2021.


The current lockdown in Victoria will be extended for the next seven days until Tuesday, 27 July at 11.59pm. Travel to Victoria using Red Zone Permits will be temporarily paused.

There are only five reasons to leave home:

  • getting the food and the supplies you need
  • exercising for up to two hours
  • care or caregiving
  • work or education if you can’t do it from home
  • to get vaccinated at the nearest possible location.

Shopping and exercise must be done within 5kms of your home or the nearest location.

Face masks remain mandatory indoors (not at home) and outdoors unless an exception applies – this includes all workplaces, and secondary schools.

Read the Premier’s statement for details.

Screen Industry

Feature film, television and documentary which are already in physical production and operating as a closed set, and related post-production, can proceed throughout Victoria. This excludes television commercials, student and corporate productions. Cast and crew who can work from home must work from home.

Strict filming and COVIDSafe guidelines must be adhered to. A COVIDSafe Plan must be in place. For more information regarding screen production and support available visit the Film Victoria website or contact on 03 9660 3215 or

Help stop the spread of COVID-19:

  • Check in everywhere, every time - all businesses and workplaces that remain open are required to use the Victorian Government QR Code Service, unless an exemption applies.
  • Get tested if you are ill - stay up to date on the latest exposure sites and anyone with COVID-19 symptoms should get tested immediately.
  • Support your workers to get vaccinated - appointments can be booked here.
  • Update your COVIDSafe ;Plan - every business with on-site operations must have a COVIDSafe Plan.

For more information go to or call the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15.

QR Codes – Check in everywhere, every time

A reminder that all businesses and workplaces are now required to use the Victorian Government QR Code Service, unless an exemption applies.

Victorians must check-in everywhere, every time. Businesses must ensure that every customer and visitor has checked-in, no matter how long they are at the premises.

Checking in with the Victorian Government QR Code Service is the best way to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and keep Victorian businesses open.

COVIDSafe Plan

All workplaces with on-site operations must have a COVIDSafe Plan. Home-based businesses must also have a COVIDSafe Plan.


For all Victorian workplaces:

  • Where a workplace has a publicly accessible space, employers must display signage at each public entry to each indoor and outdoor space, indicating maximum capacity and face mask restrictions where required.


For all Victorian workplaces:

  • Employers should ensure shared spaces and public spaces are cleaned with disinfectant regularly, with high touch surfaces cleaned twice each day. Shared equipment should be cleaned between uses.

Victorian Travel Permit System

Victoria has established a permit system for travel into Victoria from interstate and New Zealand.

From 11:59pm on 26 February, you need to apply for a permit to enter Victoria from anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.

The permit system is based on a traffic light system which allows for areas across Australia and New Zealand to be designated as green, orange or red according to their risk. Find more information about red, orange and green permit zones.

The permit system is for both travellers to Victoria and residents of Victoria returning home from interstate or New Zealand.

New South Wales/Victorian border communities will continue to have exceptions and will be able to use local residence identification to cross the border – such as a driver’s license.

To apply for a Victorian Border Crossing Permit, visit the Service Victoria website.

For more information visit