The Audience Atlas 2019 reports on Victorians’ appetite for arts and cultural experiences and these insights will be used to build the overall strength and sustainability of the sector.
Commissioned by Creative Victoria, the study tells us who is attending what cultural event, who wants to attend more, and why they go. With so much data on all sectors of the creative industry, the Atlas provides Victorian arts organisations with a powerful tool to help grow their audiences and supporters.
More than 4,000 Victorians (aged 16+) participated in the study from across the general population.
- Victorians love the arts! 93% of Victorians - or 4.4 million people - attend or want to attend arts and cultural events.
- 1 in 4 Victorians intend to increase their arts and culture attendance in the next 12 months.
- Film is the most popular artform with 9 in 10 Victorians catching a film in the last three years, followed closely by live music and museums.
- People of all ages are attending arts events – 29% are under 34 years of age.
- Art isn’t for the elite. 64% of the market earn less than the average wage.
- Long live TV! Free to air television has the highest rate of media consumption with 9 in 10 Victorians watching at least an hour per week.
Download the report
Please note: Accessible versions of Audience Atlas Victoria 2019 will soon be available. If you require these urgently, please get in touch with us via email firstname.lastname@example.org