- In 2013-14, 28% of Victorians aged 15 years or over attended art galleries.
- In 2015, 34 Creative Victoria supported visual arts and craft organisations attracted audiences of 1.8 million.
- In 2015, there were 5,500 design consultancies in Victoria , and Victorian business spent an estimated 4.3 billion on design services. Design consultants had an estimated revenue of $5 billion annually including $450 million from exports.
National Gallery of Victoria, 2015-16
- Attendance at the National Gallery of Victoria was 2.6 million
- Website visitation was 4.2 million
- Education programs attracted 98,793 participants
- The National Gallery of Victoria is custodian of the State owned collection with a value of $3.7 billion
Employment in Visual arts, craft and design (ABS, 2011 Census data*)
- In 2011, 4,139 Victorians were employed as Visual arts and craft professional as their main job
- 21, 752 Victorians were employed as design workers
(* source - 6273.0 - Employment in Culture, Australia, 2011)
Volunteers in Visual arts
- In 2015, 1,493 volunteers provided 68,645 hours of service to 34 visual arts and craft organisations supported by Creative Victoria
- In addition, in 2015-16 volunteers at the National Gallery of Victoria provided 33,154 hours of service, equivalent to 4,362 days