ACMI – the most visited moving image museum in the world – exhibits, curates, promotes and preserves Victorian, Australian and international screen content, including film, TV, video games and art.
Located at Federation Square, ACMI offers a unique year-round calendar of exhibitions, screenings, commissions, festivals, and industry and education programs.
Following a $40million redevelopment and 18-month closure, ACMI's Federation Square home reopened 11 Feb 2021. The renewed museum includes playable and interactive experiences, the centrepiece exhibition The Story of the Moving Image and state of the art education spaces. The multiplatform museum connects physical and digital content in ways not previously seen in Australia.
ACMI also runs a co-working space, ACMI X, which provides office space, programs and opportunities for individuals, collectives and businesses working in screen-related and creative industries.
Key Facts 2019-20
- Total income - $26.6 million
- Value of collections - $9.2 million
- Creative Victoria's annual operating appropriation - $23.2 million (including additional project operating funding)
- Creative Victoria's capital appropriation -$24.9 million
- Number of attendances - 674,000
- Number of website visits - 845,000
- Number of students attending education programs - 14,275
- Number of employees - 151 individuals (equivalent to 135 FTE's)
- Number of members / friends - 1,857
- Number of volunteers - 19 individuals, contributing 244 volunteer hours (equivalent to 32 full days)