ACMI – the most visited moving image museum in the world – exhibits, curates, promotes and preserves Victorian, Australian and international screen content, including film, TV, video games and art.
Located at Federation Square, ACMI offers a unique year-round calendar of exhibitions, screenings, commissions, festivals, and industry and education programs.
A multi-million-dollar redevelopment, due to open in early 2021, is transforming it into one of the world’s most innovative museums.
ACMI also runs a co-working space, ACMI X, which provides office space, programs and opportunities for individuals, collectives and businesses working in screen-related and creative industries.
Key Facts 2018-19
- Total income - $38.1 million
- Value of assets (land, buildings & equipment) - $8.1 million
- Value of collections - $9.4 million
- Creative Victoria's annual operating appropriation - $30.7 million (including additional project operating funding)
- Creative Victoria's capital appropriation -$7.2 million
- Number of attendances - 2.5 million
- Number of website visits - 1.6 million
- Number of participants in education programs - 57,921
- Number of employees - 137 full-time equivalent
- Number of members / friends - 2,200
- Number of volunteer hours - 6,912 (equivalent to 909 full-time days)