The Victorian Government is the custodian of seven major creative industries organisations on behalf of the Victorian people.
Creative Victoria oversees these state-owned organisations. They are national and international tourist attractions and provide outstanding resources for research and education. Between them they attracted 13.6 million attendances in 2018-19.
Key facts 2018-19
- Total income - $460.1 million
- Total value of assets (land, buildings & equipment) - $2.3 billion
- Total value of collections - $4.8 billion
- Total value of Creative Victoria's operating appropriations - $204.1 million (including additional project operating funding)
- Total value of Creative Victoria's capital appropriations - $58 million
- Total attendances - 13.6 million
- Total website visits - 22.3 million
- Total number of participants in youth education programs – 531,174
- Total number of employees – 1,919 full-time equivalent
- Total number of members / friends - 60,792
- Total number of volunteer hours - 89,363 hours (equivalent to 11,758 full days)