The Victorian Government is the custodian of seven major creative industries organisations on behalf of the Victorian people.
Creative Victoria oversees these state-owned organisations. They are national and international tourist attractions and provide outstanding resources for research and education. Between them they attracted 13.6 million attendances in 2018-19.
Key facts 2019-20
- Total income - $408 million
- Total value of collections - $4.8 billion
- Total value of Creative Victoria's operating appropriations - $208.3 million (including additional project operating funding)
- Total value of Creative Victoria's capital appropriations - $69.5 million
- Total attendances - 8.8 million
- Total website visits - 21.4 million
- Total number of students attending education programs – 343,763
- Total number of employees – 2,171 individuals (equivalent to 1,645 FTE's)
- Total number of members / friends - 57,495
- Total number of volunteers - 1,229 individuals, contributing 81,353 volunteer hours (equivalent to 10,704 full days)