In 2017, attendance at 32 Victorian museums and galleries funded by Creative Victoria was 2.2 million.
Supported organisations created 453 employment opportunities and delivered 2,950 events.
28% of Victorians aged 15 years and over attended art galleries in 2013-14.
In 2016, 17% of Victorians identified as having attended a visual arts festival or event during the 12 month period.
National Gallery of Victoria and ACMI, 2017-18
- Attendance at the National Gallery of Victoria was 3.3 million
- Attendance at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image was 2.0 million
- They reported a combined website visitation of 7.4 million
- Education programs attracted 170,000 participants
- The National Gallery of Victoria and the Australian Centre for the Moving Image are custodians of States owned collections with a combined value of $3.6 billion
28% of Victorians aged 15 years and over attended museums in 2013-14.
Museums Victoria, 2017-18
- Total visitation at Museums Victoria's three public venues was 2.9 million
- Website visitation was 5.2 million
- Their education program attracted 255,725 participants
- The state collection at Museums Victoria is valued at $717 million.
Employment in Galleries and Museums
- In 2016, 3,063 Victorians were employed in museum operations industry as their main job.
Volunteers in Galleries and Museums
- In 2017, 1,873 volunteers provided 82,617 hours of service to 32 Victorian museums and galleries funded by Creative Victoria, equivalent to 10,870 full days.
- In addition to this, Museums Victoria, National Gallery of Victoria and Australian Centre for the Moving Image reported a combined volunteer contribution of 86,375 hours, equivalent to 11,365 days.