28 January 2020
The current bushfire season has rocked us all. This page contains information on support available to creative practitioners and organisations in fire affected areas
Current incidents and warnings by region
Support for bushfire-affected creatives
If you are a current Creative Victoria grant recipient and your organisation or project is impacted by the bushfires, please contact your Creative Victoria program manager to discuss your needs. We can support you by being flexible with reporting deadlines, your project timeline etc.
Music equipment and instruments
Clean up and recovery
- shows the latest region-specific information for residents and visitors about where to find a recovery centre (your one-stop-shop for bushfire related enquiries), financial hardship assistance points, health services as well as information about road closures, smoke and air quality.
- Bushfire Recovery Victoria is a new permanent agency that works directly with fire-affected communities to deliver programs such as the:
- Bushfire Clean-up Program a free and voluntary program for property owners covering the demolition and disposal of buildings destroyed or damaged by the bushfires
- Case Support Program support coordinators will work with local residents in fire affected areas in Gippsland and North East Victoria to be a single point of contact for information and advice, mental health support or financial counselling. Coordinators will also help with practical things like filling out paperwork, accessing grants and financial claims, and navigating services available through the local council, state and Commonwealth governments.
Personal and business support
- Regional Tourism Bushfire Recovery Grants program - $10m grants program to protect jobs, small businesses and local economies by helping get tourists travelling into bushfire affected regions. Applications open on 17 February 2020.
- Mental health support - Support Act, support for artists and music workers of all kinds including singers, songwriters, composers, musicians, roadies, techies, managers, staffers and others.
- Pause on licence fees - One Music, An initiative to pause music licensing activity for OneMusic customers in bushfire declared natural disaster zones.
- Salvation Army, The Salvation Army’s Disaster Assistance team offers free advice and support, including financial assistance, emotional support and referrals, to help people and communities who have been impacted by disasters such as the bushfires.
- Red Cross is providing Bushfire emergency grants to people who have lost their homes to bushfire since July 2019.
- Business Victoria has drawn together the list of support services and information for Victorian businesses, including creative organisations and individual creative practitioners with an ABN, affected by and recovering from bushfires.
- Australian Tax Office: The ATO website has information on and more specific information on Dealing with Disasters the 2019-20 Bushfires including how to fast-track any refunds owed to you, extra time to pay debt, help with lost documentation or how to defer any lodgements or payments.
- Cobalt Fire Initiative: Cobalt will contribute up to $50,000 in pro bono fees on a dollar-for-dollar basis of an agreed new product development project/s related to bushfire detection, fire fighting, rural community rebuilding.
- Architects Assist: Managed by the Australian Institute of Architects, Architects Assist is a register of over 450 architectural practices and over 1200 architecture students and graduates available to give free assistance to people who have lost their homes and community assets (i.e. shops, halls, churches or theatres). Assistance may vary from simple advice to full design and planning services.
- Design Donated: Over 150 interior designers have offered pro bono assistance to people trying to rebuild their homes and lives through this program. Assistance could include initial advice, floor plan analysis and development, “Pre-start” selections (guiding clients to select colours, materials and fixtures etc.).