13 July 2020
The Victorian Government’s Business Support Fund has been expanded to support businesses located in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire where Stage 3 restrictions are now in place.
The return to Stay at Home restrictions means that many businesses within these areas are either restricted in their operations or can no longer operate.
Businesses may be eligible for a one-off, $5,000 grant under the Business Support Fund - Expansion program. This includes creative businesses, organisations and venues.
Businesses can apply where they meet all the criteria listed below. They must:
- be located in metropolitan Melbourne or Mitchell Shire
- be a participant in the Commonwealth Government’s JobKeeper Payment scheme
- employ people
- be registered with WorkSafe on 30 June 2020
- have an annual payroll of less than $3 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) as at 30 June 2020
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at 30 June 2020
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
The grants can be used to:
- meet business costs, including utilities, salaries or rent
- seek financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning
- develop business through marketing and communications activities
- any other supporting activities related to the operation of the business.
Not-for-profit organisations can apply for a grant as long as they meet the eligibility criteria. For more information, or to apply, visit Business Victoria.
Applications for the program will be extended until 14 September 2020.
The Business Support Fund - Expansion is part of a new $534 million Victorian Government Business Support Package.