2 June 2018
Entries are now open for the 2018 Victorian Community History Awards, presented by Public Record Office Victoria in partnership with the Royal Historical Society of Victoria.
The Awards are held annually to recognise the contributions made by Victorians in the preservation of the State's fascinating history.
- The Victorian Premier's History Award
- Collaborative Community History Project
- Local History Project
- History Publication
- Local History - Small Publication
- Cultural Diversity Project
- Multimedia History Project
- Historical Interpretation
- Centenary of WW1
- History Article (Peer-Reviewed)
A prize of $5000 is awarded to the Victorian Premier's History Award winner with other prizes ranging from $500 to $2000.
Previous winners have included John Burch who won the inaugral Victorian Premier's History Award last year for his book Returning the Kulkyne, Adam Ricco and Lella Cariddi for their documentaries Reading the Wind and Afterwards, and Magda Szubanski who won a Judges' Special Prize in 2016 for her book Reckoning.
Entries for the 2018 Awards close 2pm Friday 20 July 2018.