3 October 2017
Celebrating twenty years in 2018, Artlands is the biennial conference that shines a national spotlight on Australia’s regional arts.
Artlands 2018 will be held from 10-14 October in Bendigo and Castlemaine, forming part of the 2018 Regional Centre for Culture program.
The theme of Artlands 2018 is ‘sharing knowledge, trading resources and exchanging gifts at a time of ceremony and gathering,’ inspired by the Country Plan of local Dja Dja Wurrung people. Hosted by Regional Arts Victoria with support from Creative Victoria, the event will include key notes, panels discussions and performances, with significant art experiences taking place across the region.
Regional artists and arts professionals are now invited to get involved in planning and preparation for Artlands 2018:
- Artlands is now accepting initial proposals for projects and presentations for the conference, which will be considered by the selection committee.
- When Artlands delegates arrive they will receive a delegate pack and a hand-made scarf from a Victorian artist, made from an incredible range of Victorian wool. Artlands is inviting all knitters, weavers, felt makers and crocheters to make a scarf or scarfs that will be exchanged as gifts at the conference.
- Artlands would like to shine a spotlight on the regional high street, installing temporary artworks in local milkbars, bakeries, post offices and more. Interested business owners and community members are asked to get in touch to begin planning.
- If you are hosting an event, curating an exhibition, holding an open studio, presenting a performance, having a gig, screening a film or having a gathering in regional Victoria in October 2018, Artlands invites you to register your event to be part of the official program.
- Artlands is seeking project partners and event sponsors; travel, transport and accommodation partners; beverage sponsors; media and marketing partners; and IT service providers. Interested parties are welcome to get in contact now.
A formal call for papers and abstracts for the conference will open early 2018.