21 July 2016
Visit Victoria has launched a new program to support major events in regional Victoria.
The $20 million Regional Events Fund has been created to boost Victoria's regional events calendar by supporting the attraction, development, marketing and growth of events. It aims to:
- Increase economic benefits by driving visitation from outside of the region and the State and extending length of stay and yield
- Showcase Victoria's key regional tourism strengths and build Victoria's reputation as an events destination
- Develop a sustainable calendar of regional events
The Regional Events Fund will generally allocate funding to:
- Assist with the costs associated with securing, hosting and marketing new events
- Assist the implementation of innovative strategies to increase visitation to existing events, including event development and tourism marketing
Applicants are invited to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) in order for Visit Victoria to undertake an initial assessment against program eligibility and assessment. Applicants will then be provided with feedback prior to submitting afull funding application.