30 May 2016
Applications are now open for the 37th annual Governor of Victoria Export Awards.
The awards recognise Victoria's most successful and innovative exporters, with the program providing a stamp of international success that offers businesses recognition in the local and international marketplace.
The awards are open to all Victorian exporters, regardless of the size of the business or their total export sales. Awards are available across a breadth of industry sectors and company sizes.
There is an award category specific to the creative industries and creative organisations are also eligible to enter other categories including Digital Technologies, Education and Training, Regional Exporter, Small Business and more.
Former recipients include the children's theatre company Polyglot, the performing arts organisation Strange Fruit, and Victorian game development studio Hipster Whale.
The Governor of Victoria Export Awards categories for 2016 are:
- Agribusiness - For outstanding international success in the field of agricultural products, services or technology including processed foods and beverages and the forestry, fisheries and fibres industries.
- Business Services - For outstanding international success in the professional business services including legal, accounting, administration and support services, business management, marketing services, franchising and licensing, engineering, financial and insurance, market research and translation services.
- Creative Industries - For outstanding international success across all creative industries including music and performing arts, film, television and radio, software and interactive content, writing, publishing and print media, architecture and design and visual arts.
- Digital Technologies - For outstanding international success in the field of information and communication products, technology or services that are concerned with the storage, retrieval, manipulation, transmission or receipt of digital data including software and games.
- E-commerce - For outstanding success by an Australian business in selling goods or services to customers overseas via an electronic network.
- Education and Training - For outstanding innovation and international success in the field of education and training services, expertise and curriculum including vocational training.
- Environmental Solutions - For outstanding international success in environmental solutions, clean energy innovation, materials and energy efficiency, waste and water management, green buildings and R&D collaboration.
- Health and Biotechnology - For outstanding international success in medical, healthcare, biotechnology fields for products, technology, equipment or services.
- Manufacturing - For outstanding international success by a manufacturer.
- Minerals, Energy and Related Services - For outstanding international success in the production or primary processing of extractive and value-added minerals or energy products; mining equipment, technology and services (METS) to the minerals and energy industries.
- Regional Exporter - For outstanding international success by a business whose head office is based in a non-metropolitan location.
- Small Business - For outstanding international success by any business with total annual sales not exceeding $5million.
Three Victoria-only awards will also be presented in 2016: a Victorian Exporter of the Year Award (companies do not apply for this award – it is selected by a judging panel), Victorian Export Award for Innovation Excellence, and Victorian Women in International Business Awards.
The program is run in conjunction with Austrade, with Victorian winners automatically qualifying for the 54th Australian Export Awards held in November 2016.
An awards ceremony will be held at Government House on 6 October 2016 with approximately 500 people in attendance. Awards are presented to the winners by the Governor of Victoria and the Minister for Small Business, Innovation and Trade.
Applications must be completed online and will close on 31 July 2016.