19 September 2016
Entries are now open for the 2017 BT Emerging Fashion Designers Award, offering an up-and-coming Australian designer a host of valuable business services plus a $10,000 cash prize.
The Emerging Fashion Designer Award was established in 2013 with the goal of identifying emerging designers and providing support in the form of financial support, advice and mentoring. A major part of BT's Runway for Success program, the Award has previously be win by macgraw (2016), Emma Mullholland (2015), Michael Lo Sordo (2014) and Christopher Esber (2013).
Emerging designers are asked to submit an overview of their label with their application, including sales turnover and social media followers. The Australian Fashion Chamber will select five finalists based upon the applicants' experience, design style, business vision, manufacturing quality and marketing/presentation.
The overall winner will be judged by a panel of media and fashion industry professionals, taking home:
- A $10,000 cash grant
- The services of a BT financial planner for two years
- Accounting and business advisory services for one year provided by Bentleys NSW
- Two return premium economy class flights to New York provided by Qantas Airways
- A one year subscription to new media content business, Flaunter
- Two mentoring sessions with two fashion industry icons provided by Australian Fashion Chamber
- Hairdressing services from TONI&GUY Australia including access to their National Artistic Team for two major fashion events, two look book or editorial shoots and three months' worth of personal hairdressing at TONI&GUY's Head Office
Applications close on 31 January 2017.