MIGW 2022: Saturday 1 to Sunday 9 October 2022
About Melbourne International Games Week (MIGW)
Melbourne International Games Week (MIGW) is Asia Pacific’s largest digital games celebration featuring a mix of conferences, events, exhibitions, activities, and networking opportunities, for the games industry, games enthusiasts, educators, and the public.
Established by the Victorian Government in 2015, MIGW brings together key decision makers, creative thinkers, global influencers, innovators, media, and industry professionals for nine days of networking, learning and fun. Events across MIGW seek to celebrate the latest in games and provide a platform to explore opportunities and trends, identify collaborators and develop the games industry community.
The MIGW program comprises independent events for our industry, by our industry and is now firmly fixed as one of the state’s premier events, attracting local and international interest.
Values and vision of MIGW
MIGW is about driving prosperity, industry collaboration, industry engagement and building a global brand that positions Melbourne as a hub for digital games development. MIGW is developed for the games industry, education sector, enthusiasts and public and events are designed to stimulate business, creative thinking, and opportunities.
At the core of our industry is a strong, inclusive community and all events on the schedule must ensure a safe, welcome, accessible environment for all. Accessibility is a priority, and we invite organisers to understand requirements by viewing this video. Whether the event is physical or online, MIGW event organisers are required to have completed, or be willing to complete, Bystander Training presented by the Human Rights Commission. View the MIGW Code of Conduct.
Considering the environment when running events is a priority and we encourage the delivery of events that actively choose to reduce their environmental impact. To ensure we are all moving towards a carbon neutral future, please read this guide to sustainable events.
Do you want to stage an event as part of MIGW?
Any organisation can submit an expression of interest. Successful applicants will see their event become part of a 9-day program with foundation events such as Games Connect Asia Pacific (GCAP) and PAX AUS, as well as events hosted by ACMI, Film Victoria, Creative Victoria, IGEA and more.
COVID 19 restrictions permitting in 2022, events should be physical and must take place in Melbourne, Victoria, however, we encourage professional hybrid events as well as events delivered in person.
To be included in the MIGW program, events must
- be staged within the published dates of MIGW
- be self-funded and self-managed
- be of a high standard and align with the values and vision of MIGW including
- align with one or more of MIGW’s three audience segments – games industry, education or public
- include a Welcome to Country or an Acknowledgement of Country at the commencement of the event
- not detract from or compete with any other MIGW event or activity
- have all necessary permits and comply with laws and regulations?
- have appropriate images/illustrations (png) or video to promote the event
- agree to provide two (2) complimentary invitations to Creative Victoria
- agree to provide videographer access to the event for film production services
- agree to participate in an event evaluation program should it be required.
Expressions of Interest are now being accepted for MIGW 2022. The deadline for (EOI) submissions is Midday, Monday 25 July 2022.
Creative Victoria will convene an independent panel to assess applications against eligibility criteria.
Successful applicants will be notified by email no later than Monday 15 August 2022.
All successful applicants will be required to include the MIGW logo on their marketing collateral including, but not restricted to, website, social media, printed material and third-party booking sites. MIGW brand guidelines and logo pack as well as details on Bystander Training will be provided for participants after acceptance into the program.
- Determine whether your event meets the published eligibility criteria
- Complete the MIGW EOI application provided on the following pages or via the MIGW website www.gamesweek.melbourne/
- Lodge your submission to email@example.com by midday, Monday 25 July, ensuring all relevant information requested below has been included.
For further information please contact:
Senior Manager, Digital Games & Fashion, Creative Victoria
Senior Project Officer, Digital Games & Fashion, Creative Victoria