About Melbourne International Games Week (MIGW)
Melbourne International Games Week is Asia Pacific’s largest digital games celebration featuring a mix of conferences, events, exhibitions, activities and networking opportunities, for the games industry, games enthusiasts, educationalists and the public.
Established by the Victorian Government in 2015, MIGW brings together key decision makers, creative thinkers, global influencers, innovators, media and industry professionals for nine days of networking, learning and fun. Events across MIGW seek to celebrate the latest in games and provide a platform to explore opportunities and trends, identify collaborators and develop the games industry community.
The MIGW program comprises independent events for our industry, by our industry and is now firmly fixed as one of the state’s premier events, attracting local and international interest.
Values and vision of MIGW
MIGW is about driving prosperity, industry collaboration, industry engagement and building a global brand that positions Melbourne as a hub for digital games development. MIGW is developed for the games industry, education sector and general public and events are designed to stimulate business opportunities, stimulate creative thinking.
At the core of our industry is a strong, inclusive community and all events on the schedule must ensure a safe, welcome environment for all. Whether the event is physical or online, MIGW event organisers are required to have completed, or be willing to complete, Bystander Training presented by the Human Rights Commission. A Code of Conduct is available on the MIGW website here.
Do you want to stage an event as part of MIGW?
Any organisation can submit an expression of interest. Successful applicants will see their event become part of a 9-day program with foundation events such as Games Connect Asia Pacific (GCAP) and PAX AUS, as well as events hosted by ACMI, Film Victoria, Creative Victoria, IGEA and more.
COVID 19 restrictions permitting in 2021, events should be physical and must take place in Melbourne, Victoria. However, we encourage professional online events as well, whether they complement the physical event or are stand-alone delivered on a virtual platform.
To be included in the MIGW program, events must;
- be staged within the published dates of MIGW
- be self-funded and self-managed
- be of a high standard and align with the values and vision of MIGW
- not detract from or compete with any other MIGW event or activity
- have all necessary permits and comply with laws and regulations
- align with one or more of MIGW’s three audience segments – games industry, the education sector or the general public
- be monitored by staff who have completed Bystander Training
- include an Acknowledgement of Country at the commencement of the event
- be able to provide appropriate video, images or illustrations (jpegs) to promote the event
- agrees to provide two (2) complimentary invitations to Creative Victoria
- where appropriate, agrees to provide Studio Bento access to the event for film production services
- agree to participate in an event evaluation program should it be required
Creative Victoria will convene an independent panel to assess applications against eligibility criteria.
EOI Applications are now open and the deadline for receipt of submissions is 5.00pm on Monday 26 July 2021.
The deadline for applications will be Monday 26 July 2021.
Successful applicants will be notified by email no later than Monday 16 August 2021.
All successful applicants will be required to include the MIGW logo on their marketing collateral including, but not restricted to, website, social media, printed material and third-party booking sites. Brand guidelines and logo pack will be provided to participants after acceptance into the program.
- Determine whether your event meets the published criteria
- Complete the MIGW event application form provided on the following pages or via the MIGW website www.gamesweek.melbourne/
- Lodge your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 26 July, ensuring all relevant information requested below has been included