This section contains case studies and video clips of successful partnership arts and education projects that have been supported by Creative Victoria's Creative Learning Partnerships program.
The projects include diverse artistic disciplines: theatre, drawing, literature, interactive installation, ephemeral art, ceramics, digital choreography, puppetry and circus. They were situated in primary or secondary schools with student groups as small as 15 selected students and as large as the whole school. These stories provide a glimpse of what is possible through arts and education partnerships as well as some of the challenges.
Each case study also includes a 'Challenges & Strategies' worksheet that provides stimulus questions for your own project.
The film clips include interviews, footage of workshops in progress and performance and exhibition outcomes. give an insight into the experiences of teachers, artists, students and school principals involved in collaborative arts and education partnerships, as well as tips and ideas you may like to incorporate into your own project.
Use this section to:
- stimulate ideas for what might be possible for your school or arts organisation
- Show clips at a staff or parents' meeting to introduce the purpose and possible outcomes of your own project, or
- As a stimulus for discussion at a professional learning session.
- In My Day - Dave Jones and Natimuk Primary School
- The Perfect Moment - The Women's Circus and Elmore Primary School
- The Exile Project - Arena Theatre Company and Westall Secondary School
- The House of Dreaming - Arena Theatre Company and Diggers Rest Primary
- Once There Were Three Giants… - Jenny Ellis and Ringwood Heights Primary
- I Had a Dream - Hellen Sky and Thomastown Secondary
- The Big Draw At Ardeer South - ArtPlay and Ardeer South Primary
- Toobelong Circus - Circus Oz and Tooborac & Pyalong Primary
- Watercourse - Michael Shiell and Dimboola Memorial Secondary
- From Scratch - Wendy Jagger and Mansfield Primary
- Text + Image - Centre For Youth Literature and Nathalia Secondary
- The Tale of Troy - Tate Street Primary School and Western Edge Youth Arts
- No One Owns the Streets - Coburg Senior High School and Suze Smith