Identifying the natural links to learning in your project will be your key to integrating a project successfully into curriculum.
Look for opportunities in:
- Your concept - What are you exploring? What kinds of investigation will need to be done? What knowledge will contribute to the conceptual journey? Look for links to The Arts, English, Science, The Humanities and Mathematics
- Your process - What kinds of thinking, creativity, collaborative practice and research will students be undertaking as they work on the project? Are they using new skills, learning new ways of working or being challenged to think in new ways? Look for links to capabilities in Critical and Creative Thinking, Personal and Social, Intercultural and Ethical
- Your creative outcome - Are students makers and co-creators of the artistic work? Look for possible links in Design and Digital Technologies, Critical and Creative Thinking as well as in English and The Arts learning areas.
Every project's curriculum plan will be different. The examples included in this guide are just that - examples. Depending on the number of students, their year level and the topic for exploration it may be more appropriate to:
- Work with a small group of students within one or two learning areas such as The Arts or English
- Use an 'expression of interest' process to select and target students from different year levels and create individual student learning plans
- Use your project as the focus for a whole of school integrated inquiry unit
- Target lower secondary students, have them form teams and embed your project in small Project Based Learning tasks
- Base your project in Critical and Creative Thinking, Personal and Social Learning or Health and Physical Education and have students work in groups to support your school's student wellbeing program
- Focus on the big ideas in your artistic concept and embed your project to enrich a History, Geography or Science unit
- #6 Integrating Your Project Into Curriculum DOCX, 246.7 KB
- #7 Example Primary Curriculum Plan: Message of the Jungle Drum DOCX, 157.1 KB
- #8 Example Primary Curriculum Plan: Once There Were Three Giants… DOCX, 193.6 KB
- #9 Example Secondary Curriculum Plan: Watercourse DOCX, 195.0 KB