Diving into a Creative Learning Partnership (CLP) project for the first time can a little daunting! Even if you’re a dab hand at collaborative practice, every partnership is a new experience. So, before your team sets off on this adventure, take some time together to build your roadmap using the CLP Induction Modules – a great starting point for your planning!
Work your way through four induction modules below:
- Module One - CLP Induction Intro,
- Module Two - Neon Stories - A Case Study
- Module Three - Your Concept – an Artistic Framework
- Module Four - Curriculum Made Easy!
Refer to the Further Resources in your CLP Team planning sessions.
Module One - CLP Induction Introduction
What is a Creative Learning Partnership?
Let’s look at the CLP partnership model, your CLP team and how collaborative practice can create a richer experience than can be achieved alone!
CLP Admin Essentials
What are the considerations for successfully running a CLP project? Here we’ll unpack the nuts and bolts of project administration for schools and creative partners.
- Map Roles and Responsibilities using the Venn Diagram and accompanying list
- Use the CLP Planning Tool 1 - Are we ready to partner? - to identify drivers, strengths, and gaps
- Identify any challenges and the strategies you will employ
- The CLP Checklist is KEY! Partners review together to check you’ve covered everything
- Documentation specifications for acquittal reporting
- Use CLP Planning Tool 5 to map out the logistics of your plan
Module Two - Neon Stories - A Case Study
See how partners Western English Language School, Footscray Community Arts Centre and The Indirect Object navigated their way through a CLP project in 2020.
Module Three - Your Concept - an Artistic Framework
The artistic concept is the idea at the heart of your project. It is the foundation for everything you do!
A good artistic concept is like an ‘elevator pitch’ – snappy, interest-making and easily understood, but open enough for many possibilities. It is a statement of what the creative exploration is all about to engage participants and audience alike.
Review two videos on this page: ‘The Artistic Concept- Getting It!’ and ‘The Perfect Moment’ - A Case Study
- Use CLP Planning Tool 3 – Getting to Your Artistic Concept, to refine your underpinning concept
Module Four - Curriculum Made Easy!
Words with Wings – A Curriculum Case Study
Integrating curriculum that’s a ‘natural fit’ is easy! The CLP team from Point Cook P-9 College share how this print-based environmental art and storytelling project was used to weave student's family stories of migration with those of the migratory shorebirds that depend on Point Cook’s local habitat.