The Victorian Live Music Venues Support Program 2022 provides funding to established and dedicated original live music venues across the state to help venues to stabilise their business and operations in the wake of coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions.
This program is open to venues previously supported through the 2020 Live Music Venues Package.
The program aims to:
- Help eligible venues to cover the increased upfront costs associated with programming and reopening safely.
- Support the stabilisation of established and dedicated original live music venues that contribute to the broader Victorian live music industry; and
- Assist eligible venues to:
- pay artists and music industry workers appropriate guarantees, fees and wages and offset higher-than-normal event costs
- safely re-open to audiences, including support for the implementation of vaccine requirements and offsetting costs to upgrade or obtain air purification systems to allow better ventilation where required
- re-establish audience confidence and willingness to attend live music events through programming, marketing and promotion
- manage upfront risks and costs associated with a return to commercial trading, while managing accumulated debt.
Round opened: 17 February 2022
Round closed: 3pm, 17 March 2022
For activities commencing from 1 May 2022. It takes approximately 6 weeks from the closing date until funding results are available.
Venues will be invited to apply for up to 50% of the value of a previously approved grant through the Victorian Live Music Venues Package 2020 or $20,000, whichever is greater.
Note that applicants applying for $50,001 or greater must provide additional financial documentation to confirm ongoing viability (see support material guidelines).
Who can apply
The Victorian Live Music Venues Support Program is an invitation only program for previous recipients of the 2020 Victorian Live Music Venues Program.
Other venues identified by Creative Victoria that can meet the eligibility and assessment criteria may be invited to apply to the program and receive funding. This will be subject to budget capacity.
Applications will be accepted by invitation only. Submission instructions will be provided through the invitation process.
Links and downloads
- Live Music Venues Support Program 2022 Guidelines DOCX, 148.4 KB
- Live Music Venues Support Program 2022 Guidelines PDF PDF, 351.6 KB
- Live Music Venues Support Program 2022 Guidelines Accessible DOCX, 63.8 KB
- Live Music Venues Support Program Application Drafting Tool DOCX, 82.6 KB
- Creative Victoria Budget Drafting Tool XLSX, 57.5 KB
- Information for current recipients