In response to coronavirus (COVID-19), the Victorian Government has allocated $13 million to support a portfolio of non-government arts and cultural organisations funded on a multiyear basis through Creative Victoria.
Delivered across two stages, the Organisations Strategic Investment Fund aims to stabilise these organisations, enable them to continue to operate through the shutdown period, and support their reopening and first steps to recovery.
The fund is guided by the following overarching principles and priorities:
- First Peoples knowledge, stories and culture continue to be prominent and hold a position of increasing strength in Victoria for the future.
- Organisations continue to engage, collaborate with and provide development opportunities for independent creative practitioners, sole traders and freelancers in support of the lasting strength of Victoria’s creative ecosystem.
- Stabilisation of the non-government arts and cultural sector in Victoria and adaptation to the new environment.
- Development of innovative cultural experiences that build social cohesion and connectedness during a significant period of change.
- Long-term community wellbeing and resilience through access to cultural experiences across Victoria.
- Sustainability and increased diversity, innovation and agility within the non-government creative sector.
In the first stage, $5.1 million was distributed to support small to medium organisations to stabilise their operations in the face of the severe impacts during the immediate phase of the pandemic and shutdown.
The second stage focuses on supporting organisations through their initial phase of reopening and recovery. This includes stabilisation and the retention or re-engagement of staff; pivoting or adapting business or delivery models to respond to this new operating environment, and enabling new strengths, viabilities and revenue streams.
Stage 2 funding will be allocated through an Expression of Interest process.
 The term First Peoples refer to, and is inclusive of, people identifying as Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Indigenous and Koorie.
Online Information Session
A live online information session about the Strategic Investment Fund – Stage 2 was held on 2 July 2020.
In this session, program staff provided an overview of the fund’s aims, tips on completing your Expression of Interest and the assessment process.
To watch this session please click here.
The Fund opens for Expressions of Interest: 22 June, 2020 via the Creative Victoria Grants Portal .
The Fund closes: THIS FUNDING ROUND IS NOW CLOSED
It will take a minimum of 6-7 weeks from submitting your Expression of Interest until funding results are available.
Stage 2 has an allocated budget of $7.9 m.
There is no upper limit on the amount of funding you can request. We ask that your request be reasonable and that it realistically addresses your organisation’s needs and ability to deliver the proposed activities.
Note: the program is open to 99 organisations and not all requests will be able to be supported.
Who can apply
Stage 2 is open to non-government organisations that Creative Victoria invests in on a multiyear basis through the:
- Organisations Investment Program (OIP)
- National Performing Arts Partnerships (NPAP)
Organisations funded outside these programs that meet the fund’s definition of eligibility are:
- Geelong Gallery
- Castlemaine Art Museum
- East Gippsland Art Gallery
- Music Victoria
Who to talk to
Please speak to your Client Manager:
- Tara Ellis: 8683 3121
- Tania Grant: 8683 3117
- Anna Kelly: 8683 3175
- Victoria Jones: 8683 3141
- Linda Lucas: 8683 3115
or contact via email at email@example.com
Links and downloads
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Organisations Strategic Investment Fund - Stage 2 Overview and Guidelines DOCX, 143.6 KB
- Strategic Investment Fund - Stage 2 Expressions of Interest – Drafting Tool DOCX, 54.9 KB
- Strategic Investment Fund - Stage 2 Frequently Asked Questions DOCX, 42.6 KB
- Strategic Investment Fund - Stage 2 Further Frequently Asked Questions 10 July 2020 DOCX, 27.7 KB
- Strategic Investment Fund - Stage 2 Assessment Panel Members DOCX, 24.3 KB
- Strategic Investment Fund - Stage 2 Acquittal Guidance Document DOC, 378.5 KB
Support Material Templates
- Strategic Investment Fund Stage 2 Cashflow Template for 2020 XLSX, 33.4 KB*
- Strategic Investment Fund Stage 2 Partner Profile Template DOCX, 37.5 KB
- Creative Victoria Budget Template XLS, 159.0 KB