The Music Works Grants program invests in the development and support of Victoria's contemporary music artists and music industries. It provides support for projects and programs that will develop and bring dynamism to Victoria's contemporary music sector, increase employment and build cultural capital.The program is open to new ideas, new modes of practice and new approaches to the delivery of contemporary music that will build on Victoria's position as a world famous live music capital and Australia's contemporary music hub.
New 2020 Guidelines are available below!
- $2,500 - $20,000 for individuals
- $2,500 - $75,000 for groups/organisations
Who can apply
- Victorian-based professional music practitioners working in contemporary music from all genres and career stages
- Victorian-based managers, technicians, venues and small to medium industry organisations
Round opens: 9 January 2020 using the Creative Victoria Grants Portal.
Round closes: 5pm, 6 February 2020
For activity commencing from 1 June 2020.
It takes approximately 12 weeks from the closing date until funding results are available.
Who to talk to
- Aarti Desai: 8683 3163 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links and downloads
NEW 2020 Music Works - Major Round program guidelines DOCX, 129.6 KB
Application drafting tool DOC, 104.5 KB
Budget drafting tool () XLS, 103.0 KB
Tour itinerary template XLS, 52.0 KB
Music Works - Frequently Asked Questions
Information for all applicants
Creative Victoria Grants Portal
Music Works Major Round February 2019 – Panel Members DOCX, 16.3 KB