A new program open to creative workers and Victorian Government primary and secondary schools statewide.
Creative Workers in Schools will support 150 creative workers to undertake a six-month paid residency in a Victorian government primary or secondary school starting from Term 1 or 2, 2021.
During the residency, the creative worker will receive training and mentorship and will work with teachers and students to design and deliver a creative project that will support learning across the Victorian Curriculum from Foundation to Year 10.
Schools and creative practitioners can be located in metropolitan Melbourne or regional Victoria and will be matched based on skills, shared goals and locality.
The Creative Workers in Schools program is delivered by Regional Arts Victoria, in partnership with Department of Education and Training, and Creative Victoria through the support of the Victorian Government’s Working for Victoria initiative.
This page provides an overview of the program. Full details, including program guidelines, FAQs for schools and creative practitioners and step-by-step guides on how to submit Expressions of Interest, are available on the Regional Arts Victoria website.
The Creative Workers in Schools program will support creatives to undertake a paid six-month residency and schools will have access to funding support towards Casual Relief Teachers to enable participating teachers to be fully immersed in the creative project.
Funding is also available to support training for creative practitioners and some project costs like materials.
Who can apply
Victorian government primary and secondary schools.
Creative workers/groups and collectives working in any creative form who are unemployed or have lost work as a result of the pandemic.
Guidance on how to submit a schools or creative practitioner expression of interest can be found on the Regional Arts Victoria website.
- Expressions of Interest from schools and creative practitioners: Open Now and closing at 12noon, Monday 7 December 2020
- Schools and partnerships confirmed: week commencing 14 December 2020
- Induction and planning sessions: 25 January – 5 February 2021
- Employment period: 25 January – 23 July 2021
- Expressions of Interest from schools and creative practitioners: opening on Monday 11 January 2021 and closing at 5pm on 22 February 2021.
- Stream Two partnerships confirmed: week commencing 15 March 2021
- Induction and planning days: 12 April to 23 April 2021
- Employment period: 12 April – 8 October 2021
Who to talk to?
The Creative Workers in Schools program is delivered by Regional Arts Victoria on behalf of the Victorian Government. Schools and creative practitioners can contact Regional Arts Victoria to find out more:
Arts & Education Manager
Regional Arts Victoria
P: 0427 211 123
Regional Arts Victoria is hosting online information sessions for creatives and schools interested in taking part. Visit the Regional Arts Victoria website for dates and registration details.
Links and downloads
- Regional Arts Victoria - Creative Workers in Schools program information at http://www.rav.net.au/creative-workers-in-schools/
- View Creative Victoria’s comprehensive guide on planning and delivering successful creative education projects: Great Partnerships How -To-Guide