Creative Activation Fund seeks to support the development and delivery of creative projects that can increase visitation and have strong potential to become cultural tourist attractions.
Creative activation projects that can be supported include, but are not limited to, public art that responds to the natural landscape, creative interventions that breathe new life into buildings, creative reimagining of silos or unused sites, large-scale murals or sculptures as well as digital activation that could bring sites to life using cutting edge technology through VR or AR.
To ensure long-term impact for local communities, this program will focus on projects that can promote visitation during most parts of the year and have at least a three-year lifespan. This program is open to local and international partnerships, led by a Victorian organisation or local government authority.
This program does not support the planning and delivery of events/festivals.
Update: In line with the Victorian Government’s Creative State 2025 strategy, work is currently underway on a new round of the Creative Activation Fund program. More details will be available later in 2021.
Subscribe to our eNews or follow us on social media to hear more about funding programs and new support opportunities as they arise.
** If you have received funding through this program and your project has been impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19), please contact program staff listed below **
Applications will be accepted for requests between $40,000 and $300,000.
Who can apply
This program is open to Victorian-based legally constituted organisations / institutions / creative businesses that have an Australian Business Number (including but not limited to, creative industries organisations, and local progress associations, local governments and tourism boards).
Creative Victoria will only accept one application per applicant in each round.
The program will prioritise projects that:
- Are led by Victorian First Peoples creative practitioners or organisations.
- Align with local priorities of the area in which they are located.
- Occur in regional Victoria.
- Reflect the culture and diversity of Victoria.
- Are developed through new creative collaborations, including interstate and international collaborations.
- Partner with practitioners or organisations from a wide range of creative disciplines across the creative industries.
Prospective applicants must call program staff before applying.
Who to talk to
Erica Sanders: 03 8683 3113 or 1800 134 894 (toll free country Victoria only) or at email@example.com
Links and downloads
- 2021 Creative Activation Fund program guidelines - COMING SOON
- Information for current recipients
- Creative Activation Fund Online Acquittal Guidance DOC, 512.0 KB
- Creative Activation Peer Assessor List September 2020 DOCX, 23.4 KB