The Music Works Grants program invests in the development and support of Victoria's contemporary music artists and music industries. It provides support for projects and programs that will develop and bring dynamism to Victoria's contemporary music sector, increase employment and build cultural capital.The program is open to new ideas, new modes of practice and new approaches to the delivery of contemporary music that will build on Victoria's position as a world famous live music capital and Australia's contemporary music hub.
- $2,500 - $20,000 for individuals
- $2,500 - $75,000 for groups/organisations
Who can apply
- Victorian-based professional music practitioners working in contemporary music from all genres and career stages
- Victorian-based managers, technicians, venues and small to medium industry organisations
There are two Music Works Major Funding Rounds in 2018:
Round opens: 25 January 2018 using the Creative Victoria Grants Portal
Round closes: 5pm, 15 February 2018
For activity commencing from 1 June 2018.
Round opens: 21 June 2018 using the Creative Victoria Grants Portal
Round closes: 5pm, 19 July 2018
For activity commencing from 1 November 2018.
It takes approximately 12 weeks from the closing date until funding results are available.
Who to talk to
- Dean Linguey: 8683 3133 or at email@example.com
- Kaushali Seneviratne: 8683 3106 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links and downloads
Music Works - Major Round program guidelines DOC, 209.5 KB
Application drafting tool (DOC, 102.5 KB)
Budget drafting tool (XLS, 103.0 KB)
Tour itinerary template XLS, 52.0 KB
Music Works - Frequently Asked Questions
Information for all applicants
Creative Victoria Grants Portal