This program has closed for the current financial year. The material below is available for guidance only. Please join enews to stay up-to-date with Creative Victoria’s funding programs.
The Music Works Grants program invests in the development and support of Victoria's contemporary music artists and music industries. It provides support for projects and programs that will develop and bring dynamism to Victoria's contemporary music sector, increase employment and build cultural capital.The program is open to new ideas, new modes of practice and new approaches to the delivery of contemporary music that will build on Victoria's position as a world famous live music capital and Australia's contemporary music hub.
- $2,500 - $20,000 for individuals
- $2,500 - $75,000 for groups/organisations
Who can apply
- Victorian-based professional music practitioners working in contemporary music from all genres and career stages
- Victorian-based managers, technicians, venues and small to medium industry organisations
Round opens: 31 January 2019 using the Creative Victoria Grants Portal.
Round closes: 5pm, 28 February 2019
For activity commencing from 1 June 2019.
It takes approximately 12 weeks from the closing date until funding results are available.
Who to talk to
- Kaushali Seneviratne: 8683 3106 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links and downloads
Music Works - Major Round program guidelines DOC, 204.5 KB
Application drafting tool () DOC, 102.5 KB
Budget drafting tool () XLS, 103.0 KB
Tour itinerary template XLS, 52.0 KB
Music Works - Frequently Asked Questions
Information for all applicants
Creative Victoria Grants Portal