How to get your art online
Around the world, an online movement is keeping people engaged and connected during this time of physical distance and many creatives are finding new ways to earn an income online. The creative sector is innovating and adapting in remarkable ways: from live streaming concerts; to digital dance clubs and music lessons; to virtual gallery tours; and much more.
Here you will find resources to help you create, share and monetise online creative experience. You will also find tips for online meetings.
- Organise an online ticketed event using Eventbrite
- Livestream - a plain English, regularly updated guide to livestreaming.
- Livestream on Facebook - a guide put together by Eventbrite on using Facebook Live for your events.
- Livestream on YouTube -a help guide on YouTube for how to livestream your event.
- Livestream on Vimeo - how to do a livestream broadcast on Vimeo.
- Livestream on Brightcove - how to undertake a livestream broadcast on Brightcove.
- Host a watch party on Facebook a YouTube instructional clip on how to use Facebook's Watch Party where you can watch and stream videos with members of groups.
Services and platforms that support streaming
- Be.live - a service to support livestreams on YouTube and Facebook – offers a 14-day free trial
- Stage It - a platform specialising in theatre and music performances where you can perform, reach new audiences and sell virtual tickets. Signing up is free though the service takes a percentage of revenue earned.
If you need to create and edit videos
- Create short videos for teaching online - Flipgrid is free for all educators, learners, and families.
- Edit videos on a MAC - there are many tools you can download to edit on your MAC. This one is for iMovie which works across all Apple devices.
- Edit videos on a PC there are many tools you can download to edit on your PC. This one is for Windows Movie Maker.
- Get Adobe Creative Cloud free for two months - this is a full suite of design tools which can help enhance images and create new designs.
If you need to host meetings online