Find ways to look after your health and wellbeing in the face of the pandemic and connect with someone to talk to: from 24-hour crisis helplines; to support services for those working in music, screen or performing arts; to an online community sharing questions and ideas. Business owners and managers will also find ways to support staff experiencing stress.
Current public health measures and restrictions
For the latest health news and updates relating to coronavirus, including preventative measures, symptoms and steps to take if you think you might have coronavirus.
- Victorian Government’s coronavirus website
- Health advice for Business and Industry from Department of Health
- WHO – Advice for the public
If you need immediate support for mental health or wellbeing challenges
- Lifeline (phone: 13 11 14) – a 24-hour helpline for anyone in need of crisis support
- Beyond Blue - information and support for anxiety, depression and suicide prevention
- Support Act (phone: 1800 959 500) – a 24-hour helpline offering free, professional counselling to anyone working in Australia’s music, performing arts and screen industries.
If you work in the performing arts
- The Arts Centre – Wellbeing Collective - an online resource for people in the performing arts, featuring guides, videos and meditations designed to promote positive health and wellbeing.
If you want to connect with other creative and cultural practitioners
- Australian Arts amidst COVID-19 – a Facebook group, open to anyone working in Australia’s arts and creative sector, where people can ask questions and share ideas
If you need advice on how to support staff experiencing stress
- Visit Business Victoria’s Stress savvy in business for information on how to identify the signs of stress and the support services that are available for you as a business owner or manager and your staff.