We’re building a list of non-government grant opportunities open to the creative community. If you know of others, please get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.
ABC Fresh Start Fund
A competitive fund to support the Australian production industry to create Australian content. Costs that can be covered by the fund include a wide range of materials related to pitching concepts such as pitch documents, scripts, animation tests and more.
Funding applications are now open (on a rolling basis until 12 June) for content across five strands:
- Enhanced Development and Production Fund: up to $25,000 for Australian production companies that have worked with the ABC or gained some industry recognition
- Innovation Fund: Supports individual Australian creatives who may not have worked with the ABC previously. The Innovation Fund backs Australian talent with bold and innovative content ideas across multiple genres aimed at audiences under 55.
- Arts Digital Fund: up to $10,000 for Australian creatives with documentary storytelling ideas across the arts
- Children’s Content Fund supporting excellence in children’s content (budget based on individual application details)
- Australian Music Fund: a $6,000 fee (plus other benefits like a recording session at the ABC and royalties) supporting independent Australian artists and musicians with new music commissions and music scholarships
Applications open until 31 May for grants of up to $15,000 for initiatives that support organisations and groups impacted by coronavirus that fit the Foundation’s mission to improve the quality of life for people identifying as LGBTI and their families.
triple j Unearthed Level Up Grants
Applications open until 7 June for grants of $7,000 to help artists record their next single. Grants will be awarded to one artist in each of five musical genres, two Indigenous artists and eight regional artists.