ARTS OFFICER, ARTS DEVELOPMENT
- $68,884 - $83,640 (Plus Superannuation)
- Fixed Term to 30 June 2020
- Usual hours of work: Full Time (flexibility may be available)
- Usual work location: CBD (flexibility may be available)
In this position you will assist with grants management and administration of current and future funding programs to support the development of the cultural and creative industries throughout the State. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Victoria's cultural and creative sectors (preferably with knowledge of theatre, dance or physical performance), along with demonstrated experience in arts administration, specifically with project management skills and knowledge of project budgets.
The successful candidate appointed to this position will demonstrate –
- specialist expertise in the creative industries;
- effective written and verbal communication skills;
- experience in contract management;
- a capacity for teamwork;
- a collaborative approach to teamwork;
- skills in stakeholder management;
- a facility for planning and organising; and
- advanced computer skills.
The position of Arts Officer, Arts Development is part of the Creative Victoria Branch of the Creative, Sport and Visitor Economy Group. The Creative, Sport and Visitor Economy Group works to strengthen Victoria's reputation as Australia's leading cultural, sport, racing, tourism and events destination, and ensure the best cultural and sporting experiences are accessible to everyone
For a confidential discussion, please call Kaushali Seneviratne, Senior Arts Officer, Arts Development on 03 8683 3106.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Records Check prior to commencing employment with the Department.
For further information on the position and to apply go to careers.vic.gov.au
Applications close at midnight on 1 September 2019.
Please check the Victorian Government Careers website for roles within the State Government.