Help shape our second Creative Industries strategy
Do you have a strong desire to influence Victoria’s creative industries policy?
We are seeking expressions of interest from people working across Victoria’s creative industries to advise on the development of the Victorian Government’s next four-year creative industries strategy.
Chaired by the Minister for Creative Industries, the new Creative Industries Advisory Group will ensure a breadth of perspectives is available to guide the development of the new strategy and to assist with broader creative industries and community engagement activities.
This work will build on the momentum and achievements of Victoria’s first creative industries strategy, Creative State, launched in 2016, and set the framework for Victoria's creative future.
Members will be appointed from mid-May 2019 and will be expected to:
- actively contribute to monthly meetings
- review documentation as required
- play a role in industry consultation, and
- convene industry sub-groups as required.
Appointments are voluntary, but members will be reimbursed for reasonable expenses incurred during their work for the group.
We are looking for a combination of the following capabilities:
- Knowledge of, and direct experience with, creative industries structures, systems, influences and stakeholders
- A whole-of-sector perspective about policy affecting the performance and growth of the creative industries
- The capability to respectfully challenge traditional and contemporary thinking
- A collaborative and inclusive approach
- A proven capacity to engage creative communities and industries to promote action.
Expression of Interest requirements
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an online Expression of Interest, attaching a resume and a brief statement demonstrating their suitability for membership.
Expressions of Interest will close on Friday 12 April 2019.
Successful applicants will be provided with the terms and conditions of appointment and further requirements relating to conflicts of interest and matters of probity.
For further information please email email@example.com or contact Sarah Coughlan, Senior Manager, Strategy and Screen, Creative Victoria, on 03 9651 7646.