Funded sector - State cultural organisations
The state cultural organisations engage a significant number of volunteers to assist in the delivery of services and programming. In 2014-15, these organisations reported:
- 103,686 volunteer hours,
- equivalent to 13,643 full days.
Focus on Museums and Galleries
- In 2014-15, Museums Victoria engaged volunteers for the equivalent of 5,800 full days
- The NGV also has an extensive volunteer program engaging volunteers for the equivalent of 4,470 volunteer days
Funded sector - key organisations
In 2014, 120 of the key organisations that received operational support from Creative Victoria engaged:
- 11,648 volunteers
- 576,108 volunteer hours
- equivalent to 75,804 full days.
Focus on Museums and Galleries and Festivals
Museums and galleries often rely on volunteer support to deliver services and programming. In 2014, 33 Museums and Galleries funded by Creative Victoria engaged an average of 57 volunteers each:
- 1,879 volunteers
- 97,267 volunteer hours
- equivalent to 12,798 full days
Festivals also rely heavily on volunteers to support program delivery, engaging an average of 91 volunteers at each of the 15 festivals funded by Creative Victoria. These organisations reported:
- 1,360 volunteers,
- 32,659 volunteer hours,
- equivalent to 4,297 full days.