Melbourne Recital Centre (MRC) is the finest recital hall in Australia, designed for small ensemble performances from classical to jazz, world music to popular song and chamber opera. Purpose built with uncompromised acoustics, MRC was officially opened by the Premier in February 2009.
Facilities at MRC include:
- Two acoustic spaces - the Elisabeth Murdoch Hall and the Salon;
- Recording and broadcasting studios; and
- Rehearsal and function rooms.
Key Facts 2015-16
- Total income - $11.8 million
- Value of assets (land, buildings & equipment) - $108.0 million
- Creative Victoria's annual operational appropriation - $3.9 million (including additional project operating funding)
- Creative Victoria's annual capital appropriation - $0.2 million
- Number of attendances - 173,934
- Number of website visits - 523,416
- Number of participants in youth education programs - 12,087
- Number of employees - 49 full-time equivalent
- Number of members / friends - 858
- Number of volunteer hours - 656 hours (equivalent to 86 full-time days)