In 2014, 22 industry and cultural development organisations received operational funding from Creative Victoria. Funded organisations reported on employment, volunteering, membership, income and expenditure and attendance and programming. 19 of these organisations are located in metropolitan Melbourne.
- Download this page as a formatted PDF (PDF, 172KB)
- Download this page as a formatted word document (DOCX, 904KB)
Creative Victoria provided $6.7 million to industry and cultural development organisations, around 26% of total income.
Total turnover for all industry and cultural development organisations was $25.9 million.
Every $1 provided by Arts Victoria leveraged a further $2.89 income to this sector.
Sources of income
- Earned income was 24% of total revenue.
- Arts Victoria funding was 26% of total revenue.
- Other Government funding was 25% (including Commonwealth, local and other State Government funding).
- Private support was 6% of total revenue:
- $345,000 in cash sponsorship
- $116,000 of in-kind sponsorship
- $334,000 from donations
- $707,000 from philanthropic trusts
Local Government provided $1 million or 4% of the total income.
Sources of income
- 52% of sector expenditure went towards production costs
- 34% on administration costs
- 9% on marketing costs
Marketing & Promotion
Employment, volunteers and memberships
The sector employed 363 people
- Total employment was equivalent to 170 full time employees
- 85% were employed on a casual or part time basis
6,386 volunteers provided 197,218 hours of service.
The sector reported 72,446 members/friends.
22 industry and cultural development organisations reported total attendances of 2.2 million.
- 68% were from metropolitan Melbourne
- 23% from regional Victoria
- 5% from interstate
- 5% from overseas
Funding from Creative Victoria was equivalent to $3.00 per attendance.
Industry and cultural development organisations presented 2,824 events, including:
- 898 productions
- 99 exhibitions
- 55 films
- 155 lectures, seminars and conferences
- 1,137 workshops
17 of the 22 funded industry and cultural development organisations have collection or education material on-line.
19 of the 22 organisations offered programming for emerging artists.
18 industry and cultural development organisations offered youth participation programs recording 92119 Victorian student attendances through 993 sessions.
A number of organisations offered targeted programming:
- 11 offered programming for children (up to 12 years)
- 16 offered programming for youth (12 to 25 years)
- 11 offered programming for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- 12 offered programming for people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- 12 offered programming for people with a disability
- 9 offered programming for women
- 6 offered programming for senior citizens
The sector reported 17 inbound tours and 41 outbound tours in Victoria, interstate and overseas.