17 May 2017
Do you have an educational offering ready for touring in 2018? Regional Arts Victoria (RAV) is seeking creative productions for its 2018 Arts and Education program, which delivers workshops, performances and arts experiences to children in regional Victoria.
The Arts and Education Program engages young people from early years to VCE, and consists of performances, residencies and workshops which can take place in schools or community halls, galleries and performing arts centres, or feature in local events such as festivals, school holiday programs or camps.
Expressions of interest are now sought from artists and producers who wish to present work on an incursion basis, directly into schools and community venues which do not always have access to professional theatre facilities.
RAV is seeking:
- Work that is innovative, high-quality and entertaining.
- Work that is appropriate to a school and/or community context.
- Work that stimulates ideas and generates pre and post-performance discussion.
- Work that has a holistic approach to education, including opportunities for deeper engagement, such as residencies, workshops and forums.
- Work that embodies excellent practice in the presentation of the arts for children and young people.
- Professional development for teachers and community.
- Work that is generally low tech and adaptable to a variety of spaces, consists of a compact touring party, is tour ready and that could generally fit inside a single van or similar vehicle.
All art forms are welcome, including circus, community arts, dance and physical theatre, digital arts and design, music, technology, theatre, visual arts and puppetry.
Expressions of interest close at 12pm on Monday 29 May.