4 May 2017
Creative doers and thinkers from across Victoria are invited to attend the inaugural Creative State Summit, at ACMI and Arts Centre Melbourne from 29-30 June 2017.
Over two days in Melbourne, the Creative State Summit will bring together change makers, creative disruptors and industry leaders to share ideas and insight, and to help shape Victoria's creative future.
Welcoming representatives from the arts, screen, design and games industries, the conference will foster new collaborations and connections across the creative landscape.
Together, attendees will explore provocative and essential topics such as A creative state, Dangerous ideas, Being commercial and creative, The future of storytelling, and Art vs Science.
Summit speakers include:
- Ania Pilipenko - HolzMarkt (Germany)
- Jacob Boehme - Creative Director, Yirramboi First Nations Arts Festival (Australia)
- Benji Rogers - Co-Founder, PledgeMusic & Dot Blockchain Music (USA)
- Clora Romo - Co-Founder & Director of Projects, Laboratory for the City, Mexico City (Mexico)
- Alice Black - Director, Design Museum (England)
- Sarah Jane Pell - Artist and Astronaut (Australia)
- Donna Walker-Kuhne - Author, Welcome to the Party (USA)
- Honor Eastly - Multi-disciplinary Artist (Australia)
- Angelita Teo - Director, National Museum of Singapore (Singapore)
- Martin Hoskins - CEO, Redbubble (Australia)
- Lisy Kane – Co-founder Girl Geek Academy & Producer, League of Geeks (Australia)
Many more speakers are still to be announced. For updates, visit the speaker information page.
Tickets for the Creative State Summit are on sale now. The 2017 summit will be an intimate event, with only 300 tickets available.
Full price tickets $299 (excluding GST and booking fees)
Concession tickets $150 (excluding GST and booking fees)
There are a limited number of bursaries are available from Creative Victoria to help subsidise the price of tickets in certain circumstances. Please contact us if you wish to be considered for these.
Creativity is the source of radical new ideas that are at the centre of Victoria's emerging innovation economy. Supporting creativity in all its forms is at the heart of Creative State, an ambitious $115 million plan for Victoria. The Creative State Summit is an outcome of the Creative State Strategy.
The Creative State Summit will be presented by REMIX Summits on behalf of Creative Victoria.