28 June 2017
Don't have a summit pass? You can still be a part of the action.
We'll be live streaming activity on the Main Stage all day long. Tune in via creativestatesummit.com to watch, listen and submit questions.
Check out this collection of upcoming highlights:
- Minister for Creative Industries Martin Foley will open the day's festivities with a spotlight on our Creative State from 9.30am
- From 9.45am Rachael Maza, Artistic Director at Ilbijerri Theatre Company, will share her take on building a Creative State
- Berlin's Ania Pilipenko will share insights into the establishment of the creative village Holzmarkt at 10.15am
- At 11.15am Maza and Pilipenko will then be joined by the Director of the National Museum of Singapore Angelita Teo and Marcus Westbury (CEO of Collingwood Arts Precinct)
- Professor of Economics Jason Potts will speak on The New Economics of Creative Policy at 12pm
- Ewan McEoin heads up the NGV's foray into design, listen to his thoughts on the issues facing our design industry at 12.15pm
- Tune in for Rose Hiscock the Director at Science Gallery Melbourne on the collision of art and science at 12.30pm
- Machines aren't going anywhere, Seb Chan will speak on the importance of artificial intelligence to cultural organisations from 12.45pm
- At 2pm listen in on a panel discussion 'Experience Economy – Creating Extraordinary Moments and Stories That Get People Talking' bringing together James Boyce (Grumpy Sailor), Tamasein Holyman (Mistress of Make–Believe, Underground Cinema /Secret Squirrel), Veronica Fil (WeNeverSleep & Restaurant Lume) and Claire Spencer (Arts Centre Melbourne)
- ACMI's Katrina Sedgwick will chair a panel on the Future of Storytelling featuring Dan Koerner (Sandpit), Tim Ruse (Zero Latency) and Katy Morrison (VRTOV) at 2.55pm
- And all the way from the UK, Alice Black from London's Design Museum will share how the museum transformed itself at 4.15pm.