28 July 2017
Throughout August, the Arts Wellbeing Collective will be visiting towns in regional Victoria to promote a healthy, creative, productive and supportive performing arts community.
An Arts Centre Melbourne initiative, the Arts Wellbeing Collective delivers workshops, training, resources and a dedicated website – all specifically tailored to the needs of the arts sector, incorporating tools and strategies from positive psychology, as well as resources from clinical psychology, to help improve understanding of mental health issues, their prevention and treatment.
The program is designed to support the mental health and wellbeing of performing arts workers sector-wide, including freelancers, managers, dramaturgs, playwrights, mechanists, producers, actors, publicists venue staff and presenters, as well as service organisations and major institutions.
Beginning on Monday 7 August at Geelong Performing Arts Centre, The Arts Wellbeing Collective will tour regional Victoria, delivering key modules from across the program in a series of free 1-day workshops.
Arts Wellbeing Collective Regional Roadshow
- Monday 7 August – Geelong Performing Arts Centre
- Tuesday 8 August – The Lighthouse Theatre, Warrnambool
- Wednesday 9 August – Horsham Town Hall
- Tuesday 29 August – Capital Venues, Bendigo
- Wednesday 30 August – Wangaratta Performing Arts Centre
- Thursday 31 August - Forge Theatre and Arts Hub, Bairnsdale
The regional workshops are free but bookings are essential.