1 March 2017
The golden city in Victoria's north west is about to light up with creativity this weekend for the first ever White Night Ballarat.
From the grounds of Federation University to the railway boundary on Lydiard St North, Ballarat's centre will transform with installation, lighting, exhibitions, street performances, film, music and dance from local and international acts.
Here are some helpful tips from the team at White Night Ballarat to help you make the most of the extravaganza.
- Plan your night: Explore the program online before heading in. There's so much to see, so choose the items you want to view ahead of time. It's also a good idea to print off the detailed map and take it with you.
- Decide how you're going to get there: If you're from Ballarat, the best way to venture to White Night is on foot as parking will be limited. There will also be two park and rides operating on the night where you can park before catching an express bus to the Armstrong Street bus hub, as well as additional V/Line coaches.
- Make the most of the 12 hours: Try getting up at 4am to witness the city in a way you've never seen it at a time you wouldn't often explore it. Or, make a night of it by booking dinner at one of the many participating restaurants before heading out into the wonderland.
- Don't forget the essentials: It's difficult to predict the weather in March, so check the forecast before stepping out. You won't need much but it's a good idea to bring some water to keep hydrated and a charged phone. Comfy clothes and footwear also won't go astray.
- Share your moments: On the night, the website will feature a live feed powered by the incredible photos shared using #whitenightballarat. Be sure to include the hashtag to appear!
- Enjoy yourself: The most important part of White Night Ballarat is to have a fantastic night and look out for each other. It's set to be a spectacular all-night celebration.
White Night Ballarat begins at 7pm on Saturday March 4 and ends at 7am Sunday 5 March .