15 October 2016
Victoria University is offering $1,500 grants for artists to exhibit at their VU at MetroWest facility in 2017.
Located at the heart of Footscray, VU at MetroWest is a community space at Victoria University that plays host to events, exhibitions, screenings and talks. It supports and contributes to the vibrant and culturally diverse community in Footscray, which is drawn from a mixed Aboriginal, industrial, retail, spiritual and migrant heritage.
VU at MetroWest is now inviting expressions of interest from artists who would like to exhibit or create work at the facility. There are four opportunities available in 2017, including two mural installations:
- Two separate exhibitions in the VU at MetroWest centre space
- Two different indoor wall mural installations in the VU at MetroWest front space, installed at different times of the year.
The four successful applicants will be awarded:
- $1,500 to assist with the development of the work, materials, installation and other overheads
- Installation and marketing support
- An opening event held by VU at MetroWest
- Inclusion in VU at MetroWest and Victoria University marketing material
- Opportunities to sell artwork with no commission charged
Expressions of interest close on Friday 4 November.