1 September 2016
Are you looking for professional assistance on an exhibition idea or project? Would you like to develop your team's exhibition skills? The Roving Curator Program could be your answer.
The Roving Curator Program is an initiative by Museums Australia (Victoria) to help museums and galleries develop engaging and dynamic exhibitions. The program offers an exhibitions professional (a Roving Curator) to work with successful applicants on an exhibition-related project.
The program aims to:
- Enhance community engagement with the rich cultural history in Victoria.
- Support museums, public galleries, archives and libraries to develop static and touring exhibitions.
- Support projects that incorporate historical or cultural heritage including art, science, social and natural history.
- Help museums and galleries build sustainable capacity for the presentation of quality exhibitions in regional Victoria.
- Provide metropolitan and regional communities with increased opportunities to participate in cultural experiences.
- Provide networking opportunities to support metropolitan and regional museums, historical societies and local government to collaborate on exhibitions.
Support provided includes several days on-site assistance and follow-up advice.
The Roving Curator Program aims to help communicate stories about Victorian communities and cultural collections to a broad audience. It aims to enhance community engagement with the rich cultural history of Victoria while helping metropolitan and regional collections to increase their programming capacity.
Applications for the 2017 Roving Curator Program close Tuesday 18 October.