1 July 2016
GRID (Grass Roots Indie Development), a new artist development program, is currently seeking applications from emerging musicians with a connection to Melbourne's outer South-Eastern suburbs and the Mornington Peninsula.
There are eight opportunities up for grabs with successful applicants receiving:
- Professional recording of one music track by the El Perro Productions team;
- Two paid gigs consisting of a performance at The Pelly Bar in Frankston and a performance at The Village Green in Mulgrave;
- A weekend of private mentoring by music industry experts at Music Victoria in South Melbourne.
To be eligible for the GRID program, musicians must be aged 18 and over, write and perform their own songs, and have one or more band members living in designated suburbs along Melbourne's outer South-Eastern areas including Frankston, and the Mornington Peninsula.
Applicants must also be able to commit to these program dates:
- Face-to-face introductions with fellow GRID 2016 participants: 5:30pm on 5 August
- Live performances: 18, 20, 25 and 27 August
- Weekend mentoring: 4 and 5 September (all day)
- Recording: 1 full day in September
Applications for the program will close on 24 July 2016.