20 October 2016
The Copyright Agency is offering grants to support mid-to-late career visual artists and authors.
Grants of $10,000, $15,000 and $20,000 are available through the Create Career Fund, with a total of $50,000 on offer, to support artists and authors in finding time to write and create.
Applicants must be able to provide a clear outline of their creative project along with the following information.
Authors will need to:
- Provide evidence that they have commenced work
- Provide a sample of their work and an overview or synopsis
- An estimated publication date
- A list of previous publications of at least five to six works
- A letter of endorsement from a publisher or editor
Artists will need to:
- Provide a sample of their work
- A list of previous solo and significant curated exhibitions
- An estimated date of your next exhibition
- A letter of endorsement from a gallerist
- Provide evidence that you have commenced work on your project
Create Career Fund allocations are made by a panel of independent experts from the publishing and visual arts sectors, read more about the judging panel.
The deadline for entries for the next round of the Creative Career Fund is Friday 11 November.